Search Journals
 
Wednesday, September 22, 11:45:00 AM
 
  Home::FORMULATION AND EVALUTION OF GASTRO RESSISTANT EXTENDED RELEASE FORMULATION FOR COLON TARGETED DRUG
  FORMULATION AND EVALUTION OF GASTRO RESSISTANT EXTENDED RELEASE FORMULATION FOR COLON TARGETED DRUG
   

Budesonide is a locally-acting glucocorticosteroid with an extensive, primarily hepatic, metabolism after oral administration. Budesonide, a pH- and time-dependent oral formulation of Budesonide, was developed to optimise drug delivery to the ileum and throughout the colon. The objective of the proposed research work has been designed to targeted at the particular action site to overcome the topical actions like inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and to improved the dissolution rate and enhance the bioavailability. Budesonide capsule was prepared by varying the concentration of plasticizer like ethyl cellulose and evaluated for physico-chemical evaluation parameter such as Description, Identification, %LOD, Assay and In-vitro dissolution studies. The market formulation was formulated and evaluated and was used for comparison. The six formulations, P*1 to P*6 were formulated and among these formulations, P*6 was optimized. The results of all formulation for Description, Identification, %LOD, Assay and In-vitro dissolution were found to be within the standard pharmacopeia limit. Overall, the formulation P*6 containing 21 gm of Aquacoat ECD (Ethyl Cellulose) was found to be promising and itís in vitro dissolution time was found to be 3.8% drug release in 0.1 N HCL, 90.2% drug release in 16 hours in pH 7.5 phosphate buffer and in Cumulative drug released by addition of 0.1N HCL drug released was found to be 94% in 18 hours, % LOD was found to be 1.03% and amount of assay was found to be 101.5% when compared to marketed formulation which show in vitro dissolution time of 3.6% drug release in 0.1 N HCL, 90.5% drug release in 16 hours in pH 7.5 phosphate buffer and in Cumulative drug released by addition of 0.1N HCL drug released was found to be 94.16% in 18 hours, % LOD was found to be 1.5% and amount of assay was found to be 102.1% respectively for above parameter. Thus from above result optimized formulation P*6 show better result as compared with marketed formulation. The stability study was also conducted the best formulation, P*6 and it indicates that there was no significant change in any parameters. Hence the formulation P*6 was considered to be highly stable.

Date: 18, Jan 2014 Posted By: admin
   
 
  Login Here
  User Name
 
  Password
 
  Remember Me
  Create an Account
Forgot your login or password?
   
Home | Aim & Scope | Editorial Board | Instructions to Authors | Download | Online Submission | . | Invitation Letter | . |  
Total Visits:
Free website hit counter
Copyright © TGJ. Powered by Web Power India.